- Fundraising is a real job and a real skill.
- Fundraising takes time or money. And time is money.
- Charities don't like any form of fundraising until they do them.
- The cause is always greener on the other side.
- You are not your target audience.
- Do you want Brand Awareness or Money?
- "If your charity is called 'Save The Whales' every once in a while you need to save a whale."
- If someone says, "Wouldn't it be great if..." then assume it won't happen.
- Your database is probably bigger than you think.
- If a fundraiser is bad don't give up on fundraising.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Fundraising 101: A Beginner's Guide
These are my 10 favourite nuggets from my Fundraising 101 seminar. Not necessarily the most useful or most interesting...but my favourite...